I’m trying to change what I eat and I’m craving sweets. When on Keto satisfying a sweet tooth can be hard. My husband, Steve likes to snack so this is also a challenge. I have been experimenting with a few sweet treats. We have some favorites that I wanted to share with you.
Our absolute favorite is Chocolate Flan. Low carbs, low calories and low fat – I know we need the fats. You can fatten up the recipe if you like by using eggs instead of Egg Beaters and by replacing half of the Almond Milk with Heavy Cream. I am also trying to keep my calories down so look for the good fats to help my food flavors at meals and try to reduce the calories in our treats and snacks.
Requires Little Effort
Keto Friendly Chocolate Flan
- 1 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Egg Beaters
- 4 Egg Yokes
- 3 TBS Pyure Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 TBS Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Sugar Free Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients in blender or mixer and mix thoroughly.
- Put Sugar Free Syrup in bottom of ramekins
- Pour mixture into ramekins and place in water bath. Back for 20 minutes
- Cool and refrigerate and serve with Extra Creamy Whipped Topping made with real cream. Makes 4 Servings.
110 Calories, 6.25 Fat grams and 2 Carbs per Serving with Whipped Topping
Now for something super simple, Cake in a Cup. You may have seen similar recipes for a cake in a cup, but I have modified it to add peanut butter. I discovered peanut butter powder at Aldi’s on a recent shopping trip. I had never used it before and wanted to experiment. What better than chocolate and peanut butter? Not much, I know. This is quick, simple and very satisfying. Add a little whipped cream and you are set.
Keto Friendly Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake in a Cup
- 2 TBS Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBS Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 TBS Egg Beaters
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Melted Butter
- 1 TBS Pyure Sugar Sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 TBS Hot Coffee
- Mix all ingredients in microwavable coffee cup and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add chopped nuts and/or top with Whipped Cream Topping if desired. Makes 1 serving.
135 Calories, 7g Fat and 4 Carbs per Serving
When that sweet tooth craving hits, go for this easy cake in a cup and stay the course with Keto.
Salty and Sweet
As you can see, I’m in love with chocolate. So why not chocolate covered salted pecans? We are so lucky – Steve’s dad lives in Missouri and every year he collects pecans from neighboring farms and shells them and sends them home with us. You should see my happy face, amazingly fresh and free, got to love it. Dad turns 83 this year and still picks the pecans by the bushel baskets full. I consider myself a luck girl.
Keto Friendly Chocolate Salted Pecans
- 4 Oz Bakers Chocolate
- 1 TBS Sweetener
- 4 TBS Melted Butter
- 1 TBS Sea Salt
- 16 Oz Pecan Halves
- In a mixing bowl, coat the pecans in the melted butter and bake at 250F for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a mixing bowl in the microwave.
- Mix roasted pecans in the chocolate until coated. Spread on cookie sheet, sprinkle with the sea salt and cool.
- Refrigerate and enjoy. Makes 16 servings
295 Calories, 28g Fat and 3 Carbs per 1 oz Serving
Go easy on the Salted Chocolate Pecans, the calories can add up quickly. You might even want to measure up 1 oz slip lock packages to resist taking a big handful.
Staying to Keto or any diet plan can be challenging. To stay the course may require satisfying your sweet tooth. Let me know in the comments section below when you try any of these or if you have a special treat recipe you want to share.